3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, August 7, 2017

I'M TRAINING!!!

Hello everyone!! So as I was hiking the BEAUTIFUL Valbona hike today in Albania, I received a call from my president that my companion and I are going to be training a new missionary! She's from Albania and if you remember Anxhela....I skyped her in the MTC to have her help me with Albanian!! I am SO EXCITED!!! We are about to head out back to Albania to head to Tirana and pick her up so I don't have a lot of time today but like always...

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. I'm going to be a mission "mom"!! (Meaning: I'm TRAINING a new missionary!!!(
2. THE MOUNTAINS here!! They are absolutely stunning! We went out to Valbona which is a famous site in Albania so I made sure to get tons of pictures :)
3. We went out to this city, Peja, this week and as we went into the city, we saw all these kids racing around on scooters around the center. It was the funniest thing!

So a special opportunity that we have here in Gjakova is that we help not only the members in the city of Gjakova, but also the members in another city Peja. Kosovo has just been opened for 5 years and a few years ago, Peja was opened but now it's closed. We get to go out to that city and visit the people out there. A special moment we had was actually bringing the Sacrament to the home of a family there. I felt such a peace and warmth as we sat around this little coffee table and the Sacrament was prepared and passed by the Elders. I just looked around and saw how at peace all the people were in that humble home. It was truly a special experience.

I just wanted to share with you a scripture that has impacted me this week: 3 Nephi 9:14 in the Book of Mormon says, "Yea, verily say unto you, if ye will come unto me yshall have eternal lifeBehold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoevewill come, him will receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."
I love this scripture and I have shared it a lot with the people here in Kosovo! Christ truly invites us always to come unto Him and He is just waiting to bless us, to embrace us, but we need to accept Him into our lives. We had a lady who has been feeling such guilt and fear for her future. We just shared with her this scripture and she just felt such a peace. Christ is ALWAYS reaching out to us. I love my Savior and He has always been here for me. When I feel helpless, hopeless, I pray and immediately I feel His embrace. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love you tons!! Have a wonderful week!!!



This is my favorite.

We went out to eat at this restaurant and had the view of Gjakova!!

An advertisement for phone minutes...this is my favorite because when you have extra minutes, you can talk to your mom longer.




VALBONA!!!!




A waterfall at Valbona! Makes me think a little bit about Paradise Falls from Up :)





​I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!
-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment