3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, June 11, 2018

We are His Sheep

Well-This is it!! I really don't have much to say other than I love my mission. I love my Savior. I love being a missionary. This is my final email from Albania. I had such a wonderful opportunity to say goodbye to everyone in Gjakova and then make it down to POGRADEC for my last P-Day. I am so happy to be among everyone I love. I am so thankful for everyone I have come to know and for everyone I have come to love. My last week was just full of living every moment-even if it includes days and days of tracting. What's new? haha but I just remember one moment tracting into the old man who was just going on and on about his time in a band because he was so thankful to have someone to talk to-I just stood there beaming just knowing I was in that moment, in Kosovo, being here for this lonely old man. I truly love the people here. I love everything about them and I just know how much the Lord loves them.

I am so thankful for the Lord and that He has given me these past 18 months to serve Him and to come to know His children. I will never be able to repay Him-especially as He has given ME this time to serve Him. All of the people here in Gjakova are wonderful. They are strong as they go through SO MUCH. Yet-in Christ they find peace. We can only find true, lasting peace in Christ. I was definitely going through a lot this last week so I just opened up the Book of Mormon and just feasted upon the words. The Book of Mormon TRULY is the Word of God. We can only know if we ask the Lord ourselves. I can read countless passages that Jesus is the Christ or that Christ is the Son of God-however how will I ever truly know unless God tells me Himself? This is why prayer is so powerful. We are teaching a woman here who said she has all these things-money, a beautiful family, and everything she could ever want, yet she still feels like something is missing. We just testified and told her to find out what it is that she is missing through reading the Book of Mormon. We can only truly know from the Lord through His Spirit. His Spirit has guided and directed me throughout my entire mission. It is Christ that I have come to know and have relied on throughout each and every day. Without Christ I am nothing. Without Christ, I am weak. I testify of His power, His love, and His peace. I love my Savior with all of my heart. He has given me so much and I am eternally grateful and am determined to serve Him continually throughout the rest of my life. 

I love these people. They truly are children of God. They have a place in my heart forever. I'll see you all soon! I love you all so much!

I gotta end with my Culture Shocks:
1. We got invited over for MANY meal appointments-these Albanians just love to give us food. We went over into this family's village. Their kids are from our English Course!! As we sat around to have the meal, they give us fresh lamb and say, "We just killed it this morning!" When will I ever have that in my life?
2. In addition to that meal-we taught the family. The father's a SHEPHERD!!! We taught a shepherd and his family!! We tied it all around Christ and that He is the Good Shepherd and we are His sheep. It was wonderful!!! He also showed us all his sheep :)
3. I had my final transfer call and am called to the USA......I'm going to have many more culture shocks haha

John 10:14 am the good shepherdand know my sheep, and am known of mine.






This is water from the font we drained. The font is in the basement. We had a nice man that was taught by the Elders and baptized this last week.





I LOVE KOSOVO!! SO GREEN!!



Our Shepherd family.





We teach the youth class at church so I said goodbye to all the youth. I LOVE THEM!!!



Me and Eda. I LOVE HER!!!!



This is Zenia that we teach how to read.



Me and my girls :)





End of the mission.....I think they're a little worn out.



My last Albanian treat-Creme Bugace (It was also my first the day I arrived in the country!)





WE CAME TO POGRADEC! (Im here not)



Saying goodbye to Bruna :)




-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen


1 comment: