3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Gëzuar Hallouin

Gëzuar Hallouin secili!! (Happy Halloween everyone)! A "w" does not exist in Shqip so they just make up the sound with "ui".
I am now a 3 week missionary, meaning that I am 1/3 of the way done with the MTC (just 6 more weeks to go) AND the English missionaries that entered the MTC with me on the first day leave tomorrow on their missions. Weird. The time really does fly by here. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I don't really know how that works....but all I can say is I love every second of being a missionary!

One thing I love about being in the MTC during holidays such as Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas season is that we have lots of events to look forward to and the courtyard already has Christmas lights all over the trees! I was a little excited to see all the lights....also tonight the sisters and I are doing anti-trick or treating because we have so much candy and SO MUCH food! Shout out to one of the Hungarian's sister's mom who sends a box daily.....we don't know what to do with all the food. Also I am very thankful for the Halloween gifts from my family and my grandparents. Packages are like Christmas! 

My branch president referred to my companions and I as the "3 amigos". That is how I would describe my relationship with these sisters! They truly are amazing and I am so blessed to be working with them! Our branch president (over the zone, comparable to a mission president) asked my companions and I to be the Sister Training Leaders over the zone until we leave. I am looking forward to this opportunity to serve the missionaries in my zone and contribute to helping them and serving them! 

This week I have learned a lot about faith. I wanted to start off with a scripture in the Book of Mormon,

Moroni 7:33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have the power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.

What does it mean to have faith? To have faith in Jesus Christ? Faith in Jesus Christ is believing that He truly is the Son of God. He truly suffered for us individually. He suffered, so that we don't have to. Then through faith, we have the power to do ALL THINGS! Just like in the Bible in Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." This means that when we are suffering, Christ can strengthen us and comfort us. When we feel guilt, through Christ's Atonement we can be forgiven of ALL sins. This means that I can learn Shqip and serve the people in Albania. We can do all things through Christ. And what can we do? We need to do our part. Turn to Him through learning about His life through the scriptures. Pray to His father, OUR Father in Heaven and ask for comfort and for forgiveness. And for me, I  go into a lesson, knowing very minimum Shqip with poor grammer, with the faith that my message about Jesus Christ and His gospel will bless the people I teach. As we do our part and turn to Him, we truly will be comforted, blessed, and loved. I can feel of His love as I prepare to learn and teach His message to the Albanian people. I did not give 18 months of my life to Him, but more He is giving ME 18 months to live as He did through serving and teaching His gospel. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Until next week! I love you all so much!

Shqip Words of the Week:
1. Besim (beh-seem) means faith
2. Shoqet (show-chet) means female friends/companions
3. Bëj Shaka (boy-shah-kaaah) means just kidding :)
The 3 amigos (or shoqet)
My Halloween Care Package 

The Christmas lights in the courtyard!! I screamed. No joke. 
The Hungarian Sister and I getting the same Halloween Care Package.
Half of us didn't realize we weren't supposed to smile....
We have an entire bed filled with food....we don't even know what to do with ourselves.
Jashtëzakonisht (yahsh-kah-zahk-o-neesht)=wonderful. We had a little Ship hangman fun.
Standing next to Elder Horne (from NH) going to Seoul Korea
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment