3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, October 24, 2016

"I Just Couldn't Say Jo"

C'kemi!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week with midterms and everything! My week has been packed with studies and classes. You may be wondering what I do everyday so here's the run down of a typical day at the MTC. Breakfast, class, GYM TIME, lunch, class, study, dinner, class, study, sleep. And then repeat. You really spice things up when you have a weekly devotional or go to choir. Although it's the same schedule everyday, I love every minute of it.

So gym time is my favorite time of the day. I literally play volleyball everyday! Shout out to my volleyball girls I coached and their help training me for volleyball at the MTC ;) Saturday was one of my companions, Motra Jones' birthday! To celebrate, I found a random package of bamboo paper straws and then put a little message together for her to wake up to. We got the whole cafeteria to sing to her at breakfast. It was the best.

I spend about 12 hours in the classroom everyday learning Shqip and teaching LESSONS IN SHQIP. So last week I shared with you my struggle of a first lesson and as I had hoped, it has luckily gone uphill since then! As missionaries, we focus on the people we are teaching and their needs! We pray so much for all of you and what we can do to help you and those we teach in all things! I'm not here learning Shqip. I'm here learning how to serve and teach others about how much our Heavenly Father loves you and you personally! And then to share that we can do all things through Christ and His Atonement. I just want to leave with you my love and testimony of our Savior. Jesus Christ suffered for us. He suffered every pain and affliction, sin, sorrow and pain, and every trial we would ever face because HE loves US! He suffered, so that we don't have to. As we ask God for forgiveness and for comfort through our trials, He is just waiting to relieve us of our hardships and our pain. Let us have the courage to let Christ take our burdens and our sins from our hands as we pray for strength to change and grow closer to Him. 

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me. (Alma 7:11-13 in the Book of Mormon)

I'm not here on a mission for the adventure, the food, or the language. These experiences come with the package. :) I am here because I KNOW that we have a Savior who loves us and I am here as a representative of Jesus Christ, serving Him, and sharing with the Albanian people this truth that it is because of Christ that we can return to our Father in Heaven and feel the greatest joy through EVERY trial we experience today. I know this to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Until next week! I love you all!​​

Shqip Words of the Week:
1. Jo (pronounced "yo") means "No". In one of my classes, my teacher was sharing with me something and asked what I thought and my response. We try to speak Shqiplish (relate to Spanglish haha) and I ended up saying, "I just couldn't say jo!"
2. Perëndia (pear-uhn-dee-uh) means God, or Ati Qiellor (uh-tee chee-eh-lore) means Heavenly Father
3. And a random word I learned....kokoshka means popcorn :)


​This language is problemat haha I just thought I'd give an example of a typical Shqip word. It's basically a tongue twister of a language.

​This is my District (districts are made up of missionaries according to where they're serving and zones are made up of districts)



​This is my classroom. I'm here longer than I sleep.



​I just wanted to give a shout out to the homemade pumpkin bread I received in the mail! Best package I have ever received! 

All the girls in my zone.

This picture is an example of what PCL (study time) looked like this week :) We didn't even realize we all fell asleep!​

No comments:

Post a Comment