3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Halfway through the MTC

We Pershëndetje Secili!!
I'm officially a ONE MONTH missionary and do you know what that means? I'm halfway through the MTC! I still love being here at the MTC. I can't even think about leaving right now especially with how much more I have to learn about the language. I compare forming sentences in Albanian to doing a 1,000 piece puzzle :) But it is actually a ton of fun! We had to say goodbye to all of the Dutch missionaries in our zone as they are headed to the Port of Spain and to Belgium and the Netherlands. We get new Dutch this week and as Sister Training Leaders we get to welcome them so we're pretty excited!

So this last week I got asked to sing in a double quartet at the upcoming Thanksgiving Program next week. I get to sing throughout the program and I'm pretty excited! We have a lot of fun things coming up these next few weeks and then before I know if, I'll be headed to Albania!

 So this last week I had an incredible experience with my Motrat. We were at the front desk and we ran into a man named Jose. He told us that he's been coming to the MTC to be taught by the Spanish missionaries here. He said that in the lessons it's been very broken Spanish but when the Sisters talked about the lessons it was very clear. We were just sharing with him about where we were going and when we were about to leave, he told us, "I have one question for you sisters, why do I have to pray about this book? (referring to the Book of Mormon)" He said that the sister missionaries gave it to him and told him to pray about it, but he didn't understand why. It was a special experience sharing with him why I have prayed about the Book of Mormon and that he can experience that to. I shared that when I pray to God, to my Heavenly Father, I ask for comfort and I ask the questions that have been on my mind. Then through the Book of Mormon, I am comforted and my questions are answered. I shared that I prayed for this book to know for myself that it truly does testify of Christ. I experienced the importance of simplicity in teaching as I shared this with Jose and he had a better understanding for the importance of reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. I had a little taste of what I will be doing in the field. in Albania, and I truly felt the love that God has for each of us! 

Moroni 10:3-5 (in the Book of Mormon)

3Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it... 

4And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true ; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power... 

5And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. 

I wish you all the best this next week! You are in my prayers! :)

Shqip Words of the Week:
1. Shpres (as it sounds) means hope
2. Gjalp Kirikiku (jahlp kee-ree-kee-koo) is probably one of my favorite words. It means peanutbutter :)
3. Të lutem (tuh loo-tem) means please in Shqip but translated literally means "I pray thee". I'm telling you, it's like biblical talk.

My Albanians :)
One of my roomies, Schrad Novër, going to Hungary. 
The Christmas lights are on.


My Dutch sisters leaving. :(
​Saying goodbye to all of the Dutch today! This will be me in 4 WEEKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment