3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Gëzuar Falënderimëve!

You Gëzuar Falënderimëve njerzit!!
So I just realized something, I've been sending a lot of you "Gëzuar Ditëlindje" not realizing I'm saying "Happy Birthday" hahaha wow. That's wrong. But Happy Thanksgiving!! How was your Thanksgiving?

Mine was absolutely wonderful! Unlike any other Thanksgiving, I wasn't with my family, but I did have my zone and the missionaries here as my family. Here's a little rundown of my Thanksgiving Day: I got to sing with the massive missionary choir "Come Thou Fount" to the Apostle (Church Leader) Elder Niel L. Andersen. His grandchildren put on a little presentation for us and handed out little Thanksgiving Cards they all put together. I then got to have my wonderful cafeteria thanksgiving meal. It was no steak and lobster like my previous thanksgivings...but I was thankful for the apple pie. My zone all ate together and went around saying what we're thankful for. We got to watch "Ephraim's Rescue" and do this incredible service project for the company, "Feeding Children Everywhere". We assembled dehydrated meals to donate and as an MTC we assembled 359,000 meals! It was incredible! Then that evening was yet another Thanksgiving program with a lot of musical performances....meaning I got to sing!! I sang with this double quartet throughout the program! We sang pieces like, "Prayer of Thanksgiving" and "All Creatures of Our God and King". It was beautiful and I was amazed looking out at the thousands of missionaries preparing to serve all over the world! It was beautiful! Then to top off the day, the MTC set up Christmas lights and officially turned them on so we all went out to see the lights and sing Christmas songs! I am very thankful for this Thanksgiving and for my family and all those who have supported me and continue to support me! I love you all!

Okay so reality check-I get my flight plans on FRIDAY and leave in 2 WEEKS to Albania! It hit me when I had the opportunity to SKYPE someone named Anxhela (Angela) who lives in Vlorë, Shqiperia (Albania). My companion and I got to skype her on Friday and although the connection was terrible and we only heard like every 4th word she said, we understood every 4th word she said and she was able to understand us! I am so excited to go out and serve the Albanian people! Speaking of the language, on Friday my Albanians and I tried to speak in Shqip for the entire day and I am amazed at how much I can speak. My excitement was boosted. Don't get me wrong, a have a LONG way to go, but I have hope, and with hope and faith, I will be able to speak the language and show my love for the people! In addition to skyping, we went around the MTC campus and went "street contacting" to other missionaries in Shqip talking about the Book of Mormon. 2 of us spoke in Shqip while the other translated. 

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting (first hour of church) I got to sing with my Albanians and then some of the Elders speaking Turkish. We sang, "Silent Night" or "Nat' e Qet'" in Albanian and Turkish. It was beautiful! I also got to teach with my companion, Motra Jones, a lesson on Faith in Jesus Christ. We talked about the importance of faith. 1. Faith in who He IS 2. Faith in what He DID and what He DOES 3. Faith in what WE can do THROUGH Him. I have faith in my Savior. He suffered for us and took upon Him our pain, our afflictions, our mistakes, and our sorrows so that we don't have to. While He has done that for us, I have faith in what He DOES and that is that He continues to comfort us in our afflictions if we turn to Him in prayer and in study. Then, because I have faith in who He is and what He does, I then have faith in what I can do through Christ!
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"
I cannot learn the language as quickly as I am without the help of my Savior and my effort to learn so that I may serve the Albanian people. I know that to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I now invite YOU to think about Jesus Christ this Christmas season and REMEMBER what Christmas is really about! I challenge you to #LIGHTtheWORLD. Check out this video to find out how (https://www.mormon.org/christmas/light-the-world?play=hero) Each day of December is a way to serve as Christ did until Christmas Day! Join me and we can serve together across the world! I love you so much! Your Savior loves you! And I am so blessed to represent Him this Christmas season through my service!

Have a wonderful week full of SNOW! Happy Winter! :)

Shqip Words of the Week
1. Sherbej (sher-bay) means to serve or "I serve"
2. Falënderimëve (fall-en-der-eem-e-vay) means thanksgiving
3. Të Dua (tuh do-ah) means I love you! (Or I love thou ;)


Thanks to my mom's decorations, I got to add some excitement to my room!

We decorated our room and even got a tree!

​I'm a nerd.

​These are the cute Thanksgiving Cards from Elder Andersen's grandchildren​.


​My Thanksgiving meal...​


​The double quartet I performed with!​



​Looking good for the service project ;)​


​My favorite alto who performed with me in the double quartet!​



​I'm literally obsessed with these Christmas lights.​



​Ran into Zack Holland at the MTC!​



​Happy Black Friday everyone!! ;)​

​​

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Sister Natalie Kay Olsen
DEC14  ADRTCS
2005 N 900 E Unit 125
Provo UT 84602


No comments:

Post a Comment