3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, December 12, 2016

ç'farë është jeten time?!

AHHH ç'farë është jeten time?! 
(What is my life?)
Pershëndetje everyone! Life is about to get crazy as I board my flight, or multiple flights, tomorrow! After 27 hours of travel...I'll be in Albania!!

So a couple of things: I wanted to share with you how much I love you. Like, you have no idea. I am so thankful for every letter, every care package assembled by my cousins, and Christmas card! As some of you know, missionaries are pretty pumped to get letters ;) Also, this last week in TRC I got to skype a Hungarian in Hungary who speaks Albanian so that was pretty cool!

So you know you're crazy when just after 9 weeks, you are called to give a talk in church and you give the ENTIRE talk in Albanian. I cannot believe the Shqip I know after 9 weeks! Even the amount of Shqip I'm even able to understand after 9 weeks! I have come to LOVE the language! I'm not perfect in the language whatsoever and I probably won't understand a single word anyone says once I get to Albania on Wednesday, but I know the language will come. The language helps me to prepare to serve the people. The language isn't my focus, the people are. I honestly cannot wait to step off the plane and probably start bawling once I finally see my Shqiptart: The people that I get to serve and teach the source of happiness to for 18 months! 

So today I got to go to the temple and it will be some time before I'm able to go to the temple. 17 months to be exact. I just wanted to share how much peace I feel when I am at the temple. I truly feel the love and the spirit of God while I am at the temple, in His home. I will miss that for a while but I know that I can feel of that spirit every time I serve, read the Book of Mormon, and pray to my Father in Heaven. How special is that! God loves us SO MUCH that He has given us so many ways to feel of His love and to find peace in our lives through Him! I have truly felt that when I am having difficulty with the language or facing any difficulty in life. If you ever think, "life is hard" I encourage you to drop to your knees and pray to our Father in Heaven. He is there. He listens. I have witnessed that myself as I instantly feel peace when I pray. That is one way that He shows me that He is there.

I leave with you my love and hope you have a wonderful week! My next email will be from ALBANIA! I just wanted to share how much I have loved the MTC, truly. I have learned so much here and I am forever thankful for that! I am now ready to hit the ground running in less than 24 hours! Until next week!!

Shqip Words of the Week:
1. Sa bukur! (saw boo-koor) means how beautiful! I say that all the time :)
2. Po means yes and jo (yo) means no
3. Po pra (po prah) it's basically their way of saying, "duh".


We met a senior couple going to Albania this week!

I love my cousins! They are the CUTEST!

My talk in church. :)
​She didn't know what I was doing...and neither did I.

It was so fun being able to see Elder Horne like everyday!
 He's now headed to South Korea! These 9 weeks have been awesome!
I ran into the real Indiana Jones! (Elder Jones) Don't mind him blinking.
​I love my companion: Motra Jones :)


Natalie speaking shqip (cut and copy link)

https://youtu.be/Bh3F4EYtw8I


-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:

​I'll let you know next week. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment