3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Një Javë Më Shumë!

Një Javë Më Shumë! One more week and then I'm headed to ALBANIA!
I hope you had a wonderful week! I got my flight plans this last week so I will be finally flying out to Tirana, Albania next Tuesday, December 13th. I start my traveling adventure at 3:50am and travel for about 24 hours total. I get to have 2 layovers: one in Chicago, IL and then one in Vienna, Austria! Then I finally fly to my Albania and hit the ground running! 

So this week was pretty exciting! We got to Skype Anxhela AGAIN on Friday! She's in Vlorë, Albania and she has such a beautiful light to her as she shared with us her belief in Jesus Christ and the great love that she has felt from Him. At the end of our lesson with her, it was so funny. She just told us, "Hey can you work on the "ti" form (you informal) instead of the "ju" form (you formal/plural) because then I don't feel like an old lady?" So now I know what to really work on before I head out to Albania :)

I got to do a lot of singing and caroling! First off, I finally got to perform my solo, "Abide With Me 'Tis Eventide", today at a welcoming of the older missionaries! Then last week, a ton of missionaries all came in and caroled at this dinner for our Branch Presidents and their Presidency. It was so beautiful singing, "Silent Night" and other songs in celebration of Christ's birth!

This last week I was reading in the Book of Mormon about Jesus Christ visiting the Americas after 
He was resurrected in 3 Nephi 17 5 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, hcast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.
6 And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you. 

7 Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy. 
Then in the same chapter...
20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them:Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
 21 And when he had said these words, he weptand the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
 22 And when he had done this he wept again;
Our Savior, Jesus Christ, wept for the children. He weeps for you, comforts you, and heals you because he "has compassion upon you". He loves you, immensely and individually. I feel of that love as I serve. I feel of that love as I read from the scriptures (The Bible and the Book of Mormon). How beautiful to know that we are LOVED! This Christmas season is truly a time to feel of that love! As we serve, give, and love, we are doing as the Savior did and in return, we feel of such joy and love! That joy and love is from the Savior. Remember this Christmas season to remember "Christ" in Christmas and to remember that you are loved with a pure and immense love from Jesus Christ.
Have a wonderful week! I love you so much! Please send me Christmas Cards or letters! I'll soon have to change my address next week! 
Shqip Words of the Week:
1. Dashuri (dah-shor-ee) means love
2. Falëminderit (fall-uh-min-dare-eet) means thank you
3. Krishtlindje (kreesht-leend-yea) means Christmas! (literally it means "Christ Birth")

 ​Rocking the Christmas Sweaters at the MTC!

I got to take a little field trip into Provo to go to the dentist with one of the sisters.
It was nice after being at this MTC campus for about 8 weeks!
On December 1st, I celebrated Little Christmas (my family tradition) with my companion,
Motra Jones, and we made little gifts for each other to start off the Christmas season!
We sat around our Christmas tree, had hot cocoa, and gave each other our gifts :)


After Caroling.

There was a Nativity at the Provo Temple!

​The famous MTC map :)

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Sister Natalie Kay Olsen
DEC14  ADRTCS
2005 N 900 E Unit 125
Provo UT 84602




















No comments:

Post a Comment