3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Pershëndetje Tirana!

 We C'kemi! Big news! I'm getting transferred to Tirana, Albania (the Capital) tomorrow! It's hard to leave my family here in Korcë that's grown with me. It's been actually really sad but I am super excited to meet and serve more and more people! On top of that: I'm over 2 wards! I'm going from my little group in Korcë that opened up 5 1/2 months ago to 2 wards that's been open for about 25 years! Tirana is about 5 times the size of Korcë and I am assigned to half of Tirana. This will be fun :)

So highlights of the week: 43 PEOPLE IN CHURCH! We ran out of sacrament cups we had so many people this last week! It was the greatest blessing! Our mission president came and did a fireside the night before and it was such a blessing to hear his testimony in the meeting. Due to stake conference last week, we had fast and testimony meeting yesterday and it was such a beautiful meeting! We had so many people share their testimonies and it was just a completely beautiful last Sunday with my Korcë family.

Also, we had a baptism this last week! It was absolutely beautiful! We went to Pogradec to do the baptism in the LAKE there! She wanted to get baptized in the lake and has been so excited for this beautiful day where she can follow the example of Jesus Christ. Her testimony of Jesus Christ is so powerful and she even told us that she too hopes to serve a mission! I feel like I can fly that makes me so happy. 

I just wanted to share my love for these people here in Korcë. They are my family. I was "born" here and am so happy to call myself a Korcare haha I love the people so much! Something I have really learned from these people is that through serving them, I have learned more about what love it. They have changed me and have blessed me in so many ways they don't even know. I have realized that love is completely selfless. I look at these people and see so much potential, so much excitement for them and their humility and desire to serve Christ. I have noticed now that through everything I do, my thoughts turn to them. I then look to Christ and see that everything He did for us was because He LOVES us! I then think what have I done for Him to have Him feel of that love for me? But it's not like that. Christ sees our potential and does everything for us because He loves us. This is what love is. Love is selfless. Love is pure. As we serve, we feel a greater love for others. I love these people. They are my family and I cannot wait to see how much more my family with grow. 

1 Nephi 19:
And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it.Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

I can testify of the love that Christ has for you. As we serve, we can feel it. He loves you. Accept Him. Turn to Him. We can either experience our trials in life alone and without hope, or we can overcome our trials through Christ. I testify of that and as you turn to Him, therein you find strength, pure love, and pure joy. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a wonderful week! 


Baptism at the lake!




AHHH I'm so happy for her!

I love this girl!



My family photos :) From all of our activities here in Korcë.

​The women with the Mission President's wife.








We found these sweet abandoned railroad tracks in Pogradec.






Saying goodbye to the members in Pogradec!

This is in an elevator :) Not a lot of options haha

On the top of Korcë!

​I'm going to miss my companion. Motra Willey! She's awesome!

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment