3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Gëzuar Ditë e Nënëve!

Gëzuar Ditë e Nënëve! Today is actually Mother's Day in Albania! It is so cute seeing men calling out to the women in the streets "Happy Mother's Day" and everybody carrying around flowers and cakes in the streets. Today's such a special day :)

So this past week we met with this precious "Nëna" (older woman are titled this. Also could mean "Mother") who had met with the missionaries 13 years ago. she had multiple Book of Mormons in Italian because at that time, The Book of Mormon was not translated in Shqip. It was precious because she brought my companion and I a copy of the Italian Book of Mormon she received 13 years ago. It was a special gift I just don't know what those missionaries 13 years ago will think when they find out that the Book of Mormons they gave ended up getting returned back to missionaries haha Now I'll just have to learn Italian ;)

The one family from the fshat: the daughter Monika is getting BAPTIZED this Saturday! We are so excited for her! She is so excited and shared with us an analogy about her discovering this gospel and following Christ. She said at first when she met us, she felt like a nail and felt that God was sending us to her, hitting her in place, helping her to find the truth for herself through studying the Book of Mormon and following the commandments and now she feels in place. This gospel truly brings happiness! I am so excited for her to take this first big step in following Christ and then continuing on His path to eternal happiness.

Some activities we have done this past week was in Relief Society, we celebrated Mother's Day. Monika prepared a beautiful essay for the mothers and read it to everyone and we read the talk "Behold thy Mother" from Elder Holland. (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/behold-thy-mother?lang=eng) We then had Stake Conference in Durrës so we rented a furgon to take about 20 people with us on a 4 hour drive (8 hours total) to stake conference with all of the members and people interested in this gospel all around Albania. Motra Willey and I introduced everyone to the greatest American creation: the Peanutbutter and Jelly Sandwich. It was special having our little group in Korcë be able to see so many others all around Albania in this gospel, all working together to follow Christ.

One last story is of this one person we are teaching. We met her in the street and she told us later on that when she met us, she felt this feeling within her heart telling her to continue to find Christ. Before we began our first lesson with her, she told us, "Thank you that you exist". I am just so thankful to be serving this people. I have a scripture that I have been relating to lately, 
Mosiah 
28: Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perishyea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
I can testify that this gospel is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings true happiness and leads us to the true path of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Because I have this knowledge and I have seen the love of our Savior, I feel such an urgency to share this with the world! I know that this church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, contains the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the light and the way and I know that as we follow Him and His gospel, we will find true and eternal happiness. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a wonderful week! Happy early Mother's Day! I love you tons!


We built temples for a Family Home Evening Activity out of Wafers-it was awesome!

Nëna Lirika who gave me the Italian Book of Mormon :)




I LOVE THEM! This is my Shqip family :)

Monika is on the right :) I love these girls!

Our group traveling to Durrës.

While at the stake conference, we got to see Motra Cajupi and Motra Dunn who opened Korcë. It was so fun!


​Our Korcë crew!

THIS IS MY HOME!



Shi (rain) :)

​THE PIZZA HERE IS SO GOOD!
Motra Cajupi and Motra Dunn 

​P.S. I had a Mission Conference this weekend and a member of the 70 came: Elder Moreira. It was so special having a training from him and meeting up with all of the missionaries around the mission. This is a pic of all the missionaries in my mission!​

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment