3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Lopa e Shenjtë!!

​​
Lopa e Shenjtë!! (Holy Cow) this last week was a good one! hahaha I have learned so much this last week and am filled with so much gratitude!!

Culture Shock of the Week:
1. I cannot express how blessed I am here with the mounds of fruit on every corner oh my goodness!! There are some new fruits included that I have never tried before! One is the fruit kumbulla! They're like mini apples kind of but don't actually taste anything like apples haha they're green, crunchy like an apple, and really I can't explain the flavor. They're a little sour I don't know but I love them. The other fruit is MANA! Yeah-like you hear from the Bible!-however, it's not bread, and it looks like white blackberries and taste a little bit like grass :) haha
2. Because we're talking about food, something a little funny is how much Albanians love to drench as many things as they can in either olive oil or sugar water. It's the best. You end up practically drinking a lot of things haha
3. When it rains, it rains a LOT here!! We've had lots of rainy stormy days this week so it's been a lot of fun seeing rainbows and then out of no where, getting drenched. 

So for this week, the rain has brought about so many blessings. Rain has led us to being able to visit some people in need of the love and comfort of Christ! It's incredible how much the Lord truly places people in our path so that we can always serve and be His hands through sharing the Lord's love for them. We've had many wet days and many stolen umbrellas but all has been well! haha

We've been able to visit a lot with Lili, Val, and the other younger girl Adi and it has been such a blessing! A lot of our days are pretty much running through the streets of Tirana talking with others, teaching English course, visiting a lady in the hospital, and sharing the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in people's home, at their salon, or in the streets. I got to go to Durres again this last week for a day and was so blessed to meet so many more people! 

Something that I have really bit hit with this last week and have learned a lot this last week is humility. I have always had the scripture Ether 12:27 from the Book of Mormon on my mind as Christ says, "27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." You know I thought, "Well that's convenient. I'm coming unto Christ right now serving Him and have seen plenty of weaknesses of mine." I have then been having a difficult time seeing the strengths, the changes! I then had such a humbling experience this week as I read in Alma 32:1-16 (read it!) and this part stood out to me, 
"14 And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be humble ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?

15 Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed

16 Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble
​..."

It was then that I realized what it meant to "come unto Christ". I learned that I need to humble MYSELF to compel MYSELF to be humble. Just as Christ said, "If they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I learned that what it means to be humble is to rely completely on the Lord. It is through prayer that we can compel ourselves to be humble and to rely on the Lord. It is through that daily communication between our Heavenly Father that we rely on Him, we humble ourselves before Him, and then counsel with Him to do according to His will. Then through the Savior's strength we will be strengthened and have weak things become strong unto us. It was when I humbled myself than being compelled to be humble that I found strength through my Savior. It was that moment that I was able to learn how I can change and what I could do to be a better person, a better companion, and a better servant to the Lord. I am so thankful for my Savior and His Atonement that truly strengthens us as we come unto Him and rely completely on Him in all things. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

​I hope you have a wonderful week! I love you all more than words could ever explain! Just know you are in my heart and in my prayers! Love you!​​


Binjakë!! (been-yawk) (Twins!) Also check out my sweet tan lines.....

I LOVE these girls!!



​After a wet day :)​



​A sweet member in one of the wards here!​




​I love this girl! I was so blessed to meet her when I went to Durres!! Cool story was that when she was taking the missionary lessons, she would do all she could to meet early in the mornings before work and to meet during her lunch breaks! She is incredible!​


​Literally it is so common to casually see cows, sheep, and goats EVERYWHERE!​


​Another sweet lady in the ward!​



​I am in HEAVEN!!​



​Kumbulla!!​

​Mana!​ (The "Holy" Fruit ;))

​Chilling with some mountain goats!​


​​
​We went to this beautiful church that kind of reminds me of Hogwarts haha it is called Kisha e Laci and it is well known here in Albania. People travel from all over to come see this church! It is absolutely beautiful and I got me some holy water from the church :)​





​And the title of my email: HOLY COW!! :)​



​Where we got the holy water.​





-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment