3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Besim :)

Hey everyone!! Happy Halloween this week!!! I have no idea how much Halloween is a thing here but I'll let you know next week! haha


Culture Shocks of the Week:

1. NO PICTURES!! I'm sorry haha I honestly don't even no what happened this week haha

2. You have no idea how many APPLES we are given. Every time we meet with someone or are even rejected in the street, we are given an apple. I don't even know what to do with them!

3. Whenever we meet with the older ladies here, we always sit down for tea. I feel like I'm in Europe or something :)


So this week, I am just in awe at how incredible the people are here and how miraculous their faith is. This week I wanted to share a lot of stories from the people:

There is an incredibly strong member here and we had a little Relief Society Activity watching 17 Miracles with the women about the Pioneers traveling across the plains. Lets just say that a lot of them didn't like it....there were a lot of tears HOWEVER I wanted to share some quotes from this member: "After seeing all those pioneers suffering through the winter, I'm embarrassed when I think 'Oh it's too cold to go to church'" She also was like, "Well, what's the prophet asking us to do today? What can we do?" We were able to let her know, no, we are not walking across the plains and all trekking like the pioneers. She'd be willing though if that were the case!

There is a miracle lady here who just this week went from drinking and smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day down to just 2 cigarettes! Do you want to know what's helped her? THE BOOK OF MORMON! That's honestly my favorite book. It has POWER! It truly is the Word of God!

We were meeting with a recently baptized member. He truly is such a humble man and he was like, "If you gave me a choice between a massive case of money and the Book of Mormon, I wouldn't take the money. The Book of Mormon is priceless. It means everything to me."

The faith of young children is incredible! We were in a lesson with this lady and her son and right in the middle of the lesson he was like, "Everyone be quiet! I need to say a prayer" He then proceeded to pray! What a stud!

A member got a job on the weekend and he got iron in his eye. He immediately was able to get it taken care and had a patch on his eye. When his wife asked him if they were going to church the next day, he then said, "I've got my other eye right?" WHAT A GUY! I then about cried as I saw him walking in the church with his sunglasses, his eye patch, and a smile on his face.

These people truly inspire me! They are INCREDIBLE! I just look at what they go through and it just pains me! HOWEVER their faith is strong! Their joy is full because of Jesus Christ and His gospel! How incredible is that! I just wanted to share of the exceeding joy I felt yesterday as EVERY SEAT in our Sacrament room was FILLED! We couldn't fit another person! We had 27 people there in church and it was truly a miracle! I love this gospel! I truly want to testify of the strength and goodness of the Lord.


Alma 26: 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

All of these miracles, all of these things are not my doing. Ever. I just see the strength and the goodness of God as the lives of these people change and are filled with pure joy. I will boast of my God. I truly am nothing, but the Lord has allowed me to partake in His joy of His sheep being brought again unto Him. I am just so thankful for Him. I don't really know what else to express. I just plead that we all come unto Him so He can heal us. His words are truly in the Book of Mormon and His warmth is found in our prayers to our Father in Heaven. He truly hears us and loves us. I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Hey-challenge for you this week: READ THE BOOK OF MORMON! Everyday! You won't regret it :) Also read this talk from President Nelson on the power of the Book of Mormon!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/10/the-book-of-mormon-what-would-your-life-be-like-without-it?lang=eng

THIS LOOKS LIKE POGRADEC! Hands down, it IS my favorite picture :)​

-- 

Mirupafshim! Të dua!

Motra Olsen


Letters:

Adriatic South Mission

Sister Natalie Olsen

POB 2984

Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"

Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14

Tirana

Albania


(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

Email: natalie.olsen@myldsmail.net


mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment