3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Gëzim! (JOY)

Hey everyone!!! How are you doing? I am SO GRATEFUL that it is finally WARM here in Pogradec! I also wanted to give a shout out to my FAVORITE little sister Carley for her birthday!!!

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. Even after 16 months into my mission, I managed to make a major language mistake saying that God has prepared for us 3 trashcans instead of 3 kingdoms.....(mbetëri vs. mbretëri)
2. Motra and I went on a hike to the "Pogradec Castle". When we reached the top we were able to see the remains of the castle: one broken pillar. :) The greatest castle I've ever seen!
3. There will be an attached video....but while street contacting Motra and I were able to see a woman string up toilet paper to the 5th floor. It was the greatest thing ever!!

This week was full of strengthening members, finding, doing a Book of Mormon study for the people in Albania, and more finding :) Oh how I love being a missionary :) I want to share a little bit about our study-or survey. It is called "Zëri i Zotit" (the voice of the Lord) and we go out with one page from the Book of Mormon and ask people to read it and write what they think about it. It's actually the COOLEST thing. Those that actually stop and take the time to read it are able to share a little bit about what they believe. I have seen so many interested in receiving a book. The Book of Mormon truly contains the voice of the Lord.

2 Nephi 9:18 But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel,they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever.
If I were to have a scripture of the week, this week it'd be this one. My FAVORITE part of this scripture is that our JOY shall be FULL forever! How does that happen? We endure-and endure well throughout our hardships, trials, and oppositions. God's purpose for us here on earth is for us to have JOY! Why have commandments? Why have prophets? Why have more scripture: The Book of Mormon? Why send His Son, Jesus Christ to the earth? Why sacrifice years of serving preaching the gospel? Because we have a Father in Heaven who LOVES us. It's as simple as that. And these things are what brings us JOY! Everything that is good comes from God and as we come to serve Him, to love our Heavenly Father and Savior as they love us-oh how happy we will be! So much that our joy will be full! I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLEY!!!

I don't think there's enough... :)

haha someone broke the scale.... ;)


This is normal :)

My beautiful city of Pogradec :)

The *drumroll* Pogradec Castle!!! WOOOOOO!!!





Love you!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

--
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)
Email: natalie.olsen@myldsmail.net

mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment