3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Welcome GREECE! :)

​hey!!! so this week was rough but i had some pretty special moments!!!! one being that i got to go to an exchange to korcë this week back to my first area! i loved serving again with my girl aleksia as we surprised her and had her help us in the lessons!!! it was to visit some people i had taught a year ago and suprize visit them! man i love these people!!!

culture shocks of the week:
1. We went and visited Macedonia again today!! I got to take Motra Mcguire to see the beautiful old church there! We also about got attacked by a peacock but it was AWESOME! Couldn't tell you anything about the church though because all the plaques were in Macedonian haha
2. When I went on an exchange this week in Korcë I served with Motra Pauga from Australia! I got to learn a little bit about Australia then it was awesome!
3. These culture shocks are just now turning into extra comments I dont really know where to fit into the email haha

HEY I realized I completely forgot to mention that GREECE is becoming apart of our mission-​​The Adriatic South Mission!!! It wont take effect until July so after Im home but thats pretty cool!!! Wooooo we are going to have 4 countries in the mission now!!!

So some major sad news actually was with a woman Ive been teaching for about 5 months now. I love her so much and have never fasted and prayed so much for someone. Her desire was to be baptized this last Saturday and we just poured out our hearts and did all we could to make that happen. When Saturday came-we come to find out that her family didn't accept it and it kept her from getting baptized. Honestly I just stood there and cried. However I will say that I have not lost hope. Sometimes I feel-but I prayed! I did all I could! why did something so good not come about? I learned something about an aspect of faith. Faith does not mean that anything will happen according to our will and our desire even if the desire is good! Faith is having full trust in God and His timing and His will while continuing to do all that we can and acting on that which we know to be true. God has a plan for ALL of His children and I just know that she will come along one day!! 
1 Nephi 17;50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
​Interesting that Nephi said IF GOD HAD COMMANDED ME! Faith is full trust in Christ and who He is and what we can do through Him. It has power-but it truly is centered around the will of the Lord. I find comfort in knowing that we are all in good hands: the Lord's hands.

Another incredible moments this week were with a member. We just decided to read about the Sabbath day with her and without saying anything, she went off sharing how she has to feed her family and all these things and she has to work on Sundays and cant possibly miss work. However something incredible happened as we taught her the aspect of faith in Christ. The Lord giveth no commandment save He SHALL (that's a promise) PROVIDE a way to accomplish that which He hath commanded. It comes down to faith. Do we trust in the Lord to drop everything and follow Him? He WILL provide a way! She then just turned to a customer and said-"Im taking a break tomorrow! Im going to keep the Sabbath Day holy!" 

​I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!! That is probably one of the most rewarding things I've been able to experience on my mission and that is the fact that I get to LOVE these people! It's a beautiful thing to get a little glimpse of what God feels for His children.

Well I have a feeling this next week is my ​final week here in Pogradec! I love these people and have been with them for some time now! We have transfer calls this Saturday and I"m not ready to leave my sweet companion Motra Mcguire yet but I am excited for more ways that I can serve the Lord. I LOVE YOU!

Motra Mcguire and I had a picnic together at the church before fasting on Saturday!


Me with my peacock :)






-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

No comments:

Post a Comment