3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Culture Shock

Mirëdita! Naten e mirë! Mirë Mëngjes! Nuk e di ku jeni :)

Culture Shock of the Week:
1. The fact that I can't think of anything specific this week because everything just seems normal to me now is a shock itself (the ultimate culture shock) haha
2. It is as if you cannot leave someone's house without getting some sort of treat we like to call "nëna candy" and a cup of juice. No matter how much you say, "I'm fine, really, no really, but really" You might as well just not say anything at all.
3. I've become best friends with the police. They just pull over people all the time to see if they're drinking and every time they pull me over, we immediately share, "We're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ!" and then they're like, "you can go".

Korcë is doing SO awesome right now! This past Sunday we had 33 people in church! I was so happy to hear a baby cry during sacrament meeting this past Sunday because of the fact that we actually had a baby in the meeting to cry. It felt a little bit like home! We had so many families all sitting together in church meetings and there was just this special spirit of seeing so many families gathered together to partake of the Sacrament and remember our Savior. There's a power in all working together as families to follow our Savior and His example. Why do we have families? They are truly gifts from God! We have families here to help us, strengthen us, and encourage us. I am so thankful for my family as I have learned from their examples and we have worked together to serve God and through that, we are strengthened together.

We have been doing tons of activities with the people here in Korcë it's been awesome! Every Monday, we do family home evening and this past Monday we had everyone bring a dish so then we could all try each others' cooking. One guy made rice pudding with "Të duam Zot" written in cinnamon. That means, "We love you God". It was the best. We also taught the people 4 square and this past Saturday we had a talent show. We had some people put on skits and Motra Willey and I sang "Count Your Blessings" to the cup song. 

We are teaching this mother and her daughters. She was talking to Motra Willey and I saying, "If I had a son, I'd have you marry them" and it was as if she was trying to marry us off throughout the rest of the lesson with the sons she doesn't have haha Also we don't know what's happening in Korcë! People are just so ready! We have been doing a lot of street contacting and everyone is like, "Yeah we can meet up!" We will have to see!

We are still in the beginning of meeting with people but as the weeks go on, I will share more about their progress. We have just been really trying to strengthen the people right now in Korcë as they are the beginning of this little branch. There's a reason why they've been the first people found and I just know that God has a plan for all of us. It's truly a blessing to see one of my recent converts teach a lesson in family home evening to her family and seeing our other members prepare for their missions! There truly is a joy in sharing the gospel! I can testify of that because I feel the greatest joy everyday being able to testify of my Savior! I love this gospel with all of my heart and am so thankful everyday to be apart of these people's lives!

Thank you for all that you do for me! My P-Day won't be until Wednesday next week because we have a special mission conference on Monday. I love hearing from all of you! I hope you have a wonderful week! 

I had to get the European Telephone Booth photo. The best part is that this phone booth is completely broken. You can see the phone just hanging there in the booth. 

​"We love you God!"​
​Yes! Albanian food! ​

​Our family at Family Home Evening.​

​We went to Pogradec to meet up with the young women in that small branch. We brought our young woman and invited the mothers.​

One of our members, Shpresa, brought some things she knit at home to Relief Society. I just love Relief Society.​



​We found a mall in Korcë! Who knew?!​



This is a random playground we found in the city....​


'Merica!​




-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment