3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

TRANSFERRED!

Saturday we received transfer calls and after about 6 months in Pogradec I am being TRANSFERRED to the big city of ELBASAN! And not only that-I'm whitewashing (meaning I'm going into the area and starting from scratch) and TRAINING!!! This will be an adventure!

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. I received some words of wisdom:Sunflower seeds heal your stomach and cookies make you strong :) That's good!
2. We were doing a Book of Mormon survey and I approached a lady asking her to help us. She then proceeds to share "I would but I really have to go to the bathroom" I feel bad to say but, I'm pretty sure that's the first excuse I believe haha.
3. We got a haircut....then ended up going home and re-cutting our hair hahaha
4. Sad moment actually-a lot of marriages here are arranged and this lady we met we were asking-"How'd you meet your husband?" She responds-"It was arranged. It was not for love" as he's just chilling there. I honestly did not know how to respond to that.

​I wanted to share about how much my time here in Pogradec has impacted me. So I came into Pogradec in August last year, super pumped to get the work going! I was able to open it for sisters and we started from nothing! I have truly seen the Lord work INCREDIBLE miracles these last 6 months that so many families have been brought into the warmth and love of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have to say that I have had many moments​ where I have been scared and have felt helpless as I have had NO IDEA how to care for the needs of these people here! But I have always know that someone does-and that is Christ. They are my life! We take care of the members as they experience so many hardships but I have loved being in every aspect of their lives and seeing the gospel of Jesus Christ work in their lives! I have seen relationships healed through Christ and I have definitely faced many trials as not everyone is in agreement with the change of faith in the family. I love the people of Pogradec! They are my family. Truly. They will be in my prayers forever!

As I was bearing my testimony to them in Sunday, I was praying as to know what to share. I felt to talk about charity and I wanted to share it with you! Charity is the PURE LOVE OF CHRIST. Christ did not live for Himself, but He truly came to be our example, to suffer for us, to die for us, then to be resurrected so that we can be reconciled with God. His LIFE was an act of true and pure LOVE! That is why we must have charity. I love Paul's teachings in the Bible
1 Corinthians 13:And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
This impacted me! We could serve, we can go to church, we can study the scriptures, we could sacrifice our time. we can pray, we could do all these things but what is it any good to us if we do not do it out of love?How can we be edified if we do not live the gospel because of our LOVE for the Lord and our LOVE for those around us? Another scripture impacted me in the Book of Mormon-Moroni 7:44 "...
and if a man be meek and lowly in heart, and confesses by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ, he must needs have charity; for if he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity
​" ​
​Wow. We cannot say we know Christ if we cannot forgive the people in our lives or we cannot love the person next to us. That was powerful! As I stood there before this people, I then just starting sobbing because of the love I felt for them in that moment. I honestly am SO FAR-believe me, from truly obtaining charity but I truly hope to develop this attribute of Christ because it is what He IS! As we have charity-we have everything. We have joy no matter our trials! We have joy in attending church and taking the time to speak to our Father in Heaven in prayer and to hear from Him in our scripture study. It doesn't become a routine, but countless joyful moments showing the love for our Savior and our Father in Heaven. Then as we serve one another with CHARITY oh how joyful we will be! Moroni gives us counsel to pray for this love with all the energy of heart! As I stood there in front of my Pogradec family, I was blessed to feel a little bit what the Lord feels for them. And even what the Lord feels for me. I hope to develop a greater love for my Savior and Heavenly Father along with those around me.

​I also wanted to share how much I truly have loved my time with Motra Mcguire. I cannot express enough the gratitude I have for her . She truly has changed my life and taught me so much about love. She is an example of charity to me. I love her and I truly am going to miss her.

​I love this gospel with all my heart and will try for the rest of my life and eternity to come to know my Savior and love as He does. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.​



We did a blanket service project activity and we are preparing to donate them to newborns in Pogradec!



​Coordinating with the President and his wife along with the senior couple here in Pogradec :)​

Dessert Byrek

Dogs everywhere...

My Pogradec Nënas :)

​Getting some pizza! She is awesome!! She's moving to Kansas but preparing to be baptized here!!!​

This is my bud Gjergj. He is incredible and has done all he can to help us with our missionary work here! He is going to be an incredible missionary!

Me and my girl Sabiko. I LOVE HER! She is incredible! This is us in her little shop. Her faith is incredible!!

Last time at the church! The church is on the second floor here across from the Dentist here :)

My girl Ana and I. She is so cute and is turning 8 this year!! She's Gjergj's sister :)​

I love her!!!

This picture just makes me laugh. I got pulled into this pic by the way. Our member Kosta just grabbed my arm and pulled me in hahaha

Francesko is incredible! He was the one that read the Bible and found the church himself. He is incredible!

This is an incredible member Frenki!! He has an incredible memory and basically has the whole Book of Mormon memorized.



--
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment