3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, March 5, 2018

3 Countries, 1 Week :)

C'KEMI!!! This week has been a crazy one!! The title says it-this week I was in Kosovo, Macedonia, and Albania again!! We had zone conference on Wednesday! The North Zone is all the missionaries in Kosovo and Macedonia which is like...none haha I am one of 3 sisters in all of Kosovo and there are only 3 sisters in all of Macedonia so that's fun! No pressure! Being in conference with these people was just incredible! As Sister Training Leaders we gave a training on CHARITY! How that is the TRUE way to find joy and SUCCESS in our work. I'll share a little bit more about that later. We also had stake conference in Albanian (in Durres) where I got to see all my Pogradec and Tirana and Korcë family that I've served throughout my mission. It was a lot of goodbyes but it was a special one :) I also got to see my sweet Motra Mcguire!! It was a great week :)


Culture Shocks of the Week:

1. My favorite thing is that everyone in Kosovo just park up literally on every curb. There is like no such thing as parking lots haha

2. Sweets can't go with salty things. I just get yelled at put fruit on my plate of salad haha they must be separated.

3. I had these Valentine's stickers I was giving out to little kids and my favorite thing is explaining the stickers. One said- "QT" funny thing, "qt" in Albanian is pronounced "ch-t" so they were like what's that? I had to go through this whole process of explaining the alphabet and the word cute. Then another one-"LOL" I translated it "qesh me zë" which means "laugh with a voice" so little Delila was raising her eyebrows up and down saying "laugh with a voice" that's an example of how Albanian is not like English :)


So this week was CRAZY weather! We got HIT with snow! I just want to share what a day was like. On Thursday it was the day after a major snowstorm and then it decided to rain. So of course every plan falls through on those days and the power was out in the city. So no one's in the streets so we are resorted to tracting. Best part: you have to buzz into most buildings and with the power being out, they don't work. So we were stuck in the freezing rain, soaked, and looking for an open building. It was awesome haha and tracting in the dark! WOOOO!


So some things that have really stood out to me was more about charity this past week. As I said, we gave a training at zone conference. We shared about the greatest missionary: Christ. Why was He the greatest? Because His drive was LOVE. And not just typical love, but pure love. I was impacted by these scriptures in the Book of Mormon:

Alma 34: 

8 And now, behold, I will testify unto you of myself that these things are true. Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of his people, and that he shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it.


9 For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.


10 For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice.


It cannot be a human sacrifice. How could have Christ done it? Christ is the Son of God. It is because of Mary that He can die, but also because of our Father in Heaven that He has the ability to overcome death. He literally CHOSE to DIE for US because He is the ONLY way. Why did He do that? How could He be so perfect so that He could perform this atonement? It was because He perfectly loved. It was love-a divine power that was that drive to cause Him to suffer in the Garden of Gethsemane 3 times then to suffer and die on the Christ and to be resurrected so that we could overcome death. He perfectly loved. Charity must be given and it must be strived for. That must be our drive! It never faileth because it is infinite! Just like the Atonement of Jesus Christ! We must love in order to bring these children of God back to their Father in Heaven. That is my goal and has been my entire mission: To learn to love. And not just love, but to develop charity. I have a long way to go but I hope to be that representative of Christ that people will have a glimpse to know what it would feel like to be in the presence of Christ and WANT to be with Him. That is how we must be if we want to bring souls back unto Christ. Whether that be our friends or our family. I testify of that. I love my Savior and I LOVE His children. It makes me jsut cry how much I love these people and those that I have served with. I turly don't want it to end but I will do all I can these last 2 months to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength: Especially with my heart. I love the Lord and this work. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


If you need someone to talk to, please email me and rant and do anything you need. I want to be here for you all too. I love you and I know Christ does INFINITELY!


All these pics are from conference! Motra Mcguire signed the shirt that my trainer gave me! It's a heritage shirt (trashëgim). I just love that girl! I also got to see Klea, Aleksia and Zhaneta from Korcë, Motra JONES! and Maria and Delila (they're here with me in Kosovo). Also my comps are Motra Hysa (from Vlorë, Albania) And Motra Ahlstrom from Texas. They are awesome I love being with them! And the Kosovo SNOW!!!


​BONUS: Motra Mcguire shared this and I promised to share it: ​​​bear with me real quick while i write a personal paragraph to Natalie Olsen, and Motra, you better insert this in your email so your friends and family along with mine know how great you are :) Motra Olsen, I love you. You;re incredible, and I can't wait for America because that's where you'll be. I'll forever be grateful to God for letting us serve together.... I AM SO LUCKY. luckiest to have gotten you :) thanks for everything and for dancing with me, making me eggs nearly every morning, squeezing my cheek like a nënë and then screaming in my face "I LOVE YOUUUU."... it's the little things :) i even miss you turning on the heater, (what's wrong with me?) nothing, just love you.


-- 

Mirupafshim! Të dua!

Motra Olsen


Letters:

Adriatic South Mission

Sister Natalie Olsen

POB 2984

Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"

Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14

Tirana

Albania


(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

Email: natalie.olsen@myldsmail.net


mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment