3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, March 26, 2018

"Our Trio's Down to Two"-Timon

Dang it...I'm on my last transfer. We had transfer calls this last weekend meaning that my sweet companion-Motra Hysa will be leaving! She's going off and training an Albanian! (Motra Fetaj (Albana from Gjakova)) I really hope you got my reference from Lion King haha but now I'm just serving here in Gjakova still as STLs with Motra Ahlstrom!! I am excited to work here until the end! I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!


Culture Shocks of the Week:

1. If you purchase something and you don't offer food to anyone, you are seen as an animal. They are all about sharing and are very proper in many things.

2. Even if it's not cold outside, if I'm seen without tights, people think I'm insane (apparently I'm going to freeze in 50 degrees haha) Also, I was crying about something in the street one day and an old lady told me, "Don't cry-you're too young"

3. There are SO MANY CROWS that literally coat the sky. We tried playing music and inviting people to our Easter concert we had on Saturday but you couldn't even hear us because the crows were THAT LOUD! And they all decided to perch right in the tree next to us haha


YEAH! We had a concert this last Saturday for Easter! We have an Easter Initiative here in the European Region with the theme as "Gjithnjë Pranë" Meaning "Always There". So we have been passing out tons of flyers and getting people to come to this concert. We actually had a good amount of people come for a major Muslim population here! We had piano (I did a piano solo!) and violin and singing and all kinds of things and presented the initiative video. It was awesome! I am so looking forward to Easter this week! We are hoping to share a lot about Christ to these people here in Gjakova this week as Easter is approaching!! 


Some really cool moments we had this week was the amount of people we met with! It was actually a major miracle to meet and teach many people. We have some potential investigators so we are excited! We are also helping teach a couple members here how to read and they are just so excited! They just want to read the Book of Mormon but they feel helpless. We are exciting and I know through the Lord and their diligence, they will learn! I am so excited!! Also we have met with a lot of the members and have spent time with all of their kids. We have a big primary here and they even participated in the concert singing "I am a Child of God". 


Funny story of the week. We have a sweet member here named Delila who shared with us her story when she tried to heal a bird. She shared "I saw a dead bird on the road and picked it up and wanted it to live. I started singing "I am a Child of God" hoping it would come alive. I then thought that Christ can heal and I am not Christ so I probably can't bring something back from the dead. And then the bird was still dead" What a sweet soul. She is the cutest thing! Her faith was there! haha


I love my Savior. He is always there. I just also love love love the song "I am a Child of God". Every child only knows one song here and that's the song. Whenever it comes on-they just belt it. Even our English Course kids know it!! It is POWERFUL! In a world here where we are not seen as children of God, it is powerful. We truly are children of God. We have a Father in Heaven that LOVES us! That pushes us, encourages us, heals us, laughs with us, cries with us. We are never along. We are His children and we have such divine potential. He wants to give us all that He has and to have us return back to Him. That is WHY He sent His son. They are ALWAYS THERE I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


I love you all! Have a wonderful week!! Hopefully it gets warmer this week we got hit by snow!!! Again!!

Me and my sweeties :) They make me happy! They all just jumped on me!

YEAH!!! Gjakova!!!

Me and Motra Hysa! I helped train her in the beginning last year and now she's leaving me! She's going to kill it in Prishtina!

Now we're down to two: Motra Ahlstrom and me :)



THIS WAS ONLY 2 EUROS! I only eat pizza-I swear haha

We told the story of the Brother of Jared and the 16 stones and how the Lord touched the stones and they lit up (Ether 3). Then this little member ran out and got us some stones. How cute!!! It was all he could give!!

Check out my bud-Motra Olsen!

We shared when we have found Christ there. Mine says "When I left my family (this includes my immediate family and families here in my mission and past comps)

And Motra Hysa's is when her dad passed away.

Me and Eda :)

Delila and Maria :)

This is my Kosovo flag shirt! We also found a lake here! Love this home!


-- 

Mirupafshim! Të dua!

Motra Olsen


Letters:

Adriatic South Mission

Sister Natalie Olsen

POB 2984

Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"

Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14

Tirana

Albania


(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

Email: natalie.olsen@myldsmail.net


mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment