3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Pranvera!!! (SPRING!)

:) Don't really know how to start this one haha BUT just know I love you!

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. In a lesson, the minute I said-"We should pray" THE PRAYER CALL WENT OFF!!!! YES!!!
2. People don't really die their eggs here for Easter, they spray paint them so when we were cracking open an egg to eat, someone was like "Don't eat it-it's toxic!" haha
3. I really gotta stop telling people I'm a singer because they then proceed to ask if they can get a picture with me and if they can film me singing.....it's happened multiple times now and Motra Ahlstrom is like-"She's not famous!" hahaha

Really this week was a successful week!! We actually got to meet and teach so many people!-one being a woman who can't hear nor speak. She let us in and we taught her using images of Christ and even sang to bring the Spirit in the room and prayed for her. She truly felt such a peace. And then she tried to set us up with her son.....haha but it was such a special moment :)

We have also been able to meet and teach a ton of families because that's the focus of our mission right now. Families are so special and so valued here in Kosovo I love it!! We are focusing on using object lessons and visuals and have been seeing such a powerful impact in our lessons when we teach so simply that the Spirit can testify and touch their hearts. In order to understand, people must have ears to HEAR and eyes to SEE!!! That was a focus at our zone conference this last week!

Speaking of zone conference-I had my final zone conference this last Friday. It was actually so sad. In the North Zone-we only have 17 MISSIONARIES! Isn't that crazy? It's just all of the missionaries in Kosovo and Macedonia. We are the ONLY sisters in all of Kosovo :) However those conferences are so powerful. Motra Ahlstrom and I gave a training and I actually gave my departing testimony. Yeah I still have got a month but-it was so hard to give it. I wanted to share a little bit of it with you.

The only thing I really wanted to testify of was my Savior Jesus Christ. It is he who has changed me throughout my entire mission. I am so thankful to have come to know Him a little more. I hope to spend the REST of my LIFE coming to know Him. In order to know someone, we must walk in their shoes-we must speak as they speak. Do as they do. Suffer as they suffer. And desire as they desire. Love as they love. Christ has given me this this past 18 months. I have felt in my most trying of times His grace strengthen me and embrace me. I have felt SUCH LOVE for these people that I never knew I could ever have. I have felt such a desire to change, to become more like Him, and I have found that it's not the mission that has changed me-it's Christ.

Isaiah 53:
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
I cannot think of how many times I've messed up, I've maybe thought "Can I go any longer" and have let my Brother down. However, through the struggles and overcoming them, He has shaped me. He has taken my sorrows, my grief, my iniquities, and my struggles upon HIM. I hope to continue to gather His sheep until the end. I am so thankful to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ here in Kosovo and I hope to truly come to know Him for the rest of my life. I know He lives. He has been there for me and He will be there for you if you come unto Him. I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I love you all so so much!! I hope you have such a wonderful week!  

KUQ E ZI!!! (Red and Black) We were dressed up like the Albanian flag today :) I love Albania!


Gjakova :)

Me and Motra Ahlstrom's Easter basket with my FAVORITE European candies! Kinder eggs, RAFFAELLO! And Bounty Bars :)

Motra Ahlstrom and me.

Soggy cookies and toxic eggs. I love it :)

SUNDAY DRESS!!!! We watched conference on Sunday! It was awesome!




We went hiking through the woods today!! It was GORGEOUS!!! I miss my trees :)



-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)


No comments:

Post a Comment