3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, April 2, 2018

Gjithnjë Pranë (Always There)

Gëzuar Pashket! Honestly this week has been crazy. We have been traveling a lot for conferences and a baptism. I don't really know where to begin. It's been an emotional but strengthening week! Christ TRULY is there.

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. I live in a SPOOKYTOWN! Hopefully there gets some leaves on some trees here because it's just crows, dead trees, moaning mosques, and dark skies haha
2. I pass about 3 mosques walking to church :)
3. Kosovo is very different than Albania in regards to their activity in their religious practices. By that I mean....it is more active here. It's awesome though because I'm learning so much! Read about the Islamic article in the April Liahona it's SO AWESOME!!!

So this last week we had MLC (Missionary Leadership training) in Tirana and it was the coolest thing because we are really pushing to be a very Christ-Centered mission as we as a mission are studying all the topics on Christ in the Topical Guide. We had a special moment where we all shared what we have learned about Christ and I just teared up. I never thought I could grow so much closer to my Savior before but now I just tear up even thinking of Him. He is my Brother. I just think of those moments when I am in such emotional pain and I just cry out to my Heavenly Father and literally feel an embrace from my Savior. I am so thankful for Him and I hope to continue to do all I can for Him as I serve Him here in Kosovo.

General Conference was this last weekend! I only got to listen to half of it-both the morning sessions!-at night! haha I'll be able to listen to the others this week but I had the talk from President Oaks on "Small and Simple Things" that has impacted me so much. I had a very special moment that has impacted me this last week. We were meeting with this family and sharing with them about the Easter message. It was a beautiful moment to share about Christ but I noticed that their little boy was sitting there whimpering because he cut his finger. After we finished the prayer I just thought-what am I doing? I am teaching about Christ but have I thought to be like Him? I just scooped him into an embrace and began to sing to him until he was at peace and no longer whimpering. It was powerful! I kissed his finger and said, "This is how we heal" and was impacted as I felt the Spirit hit me telling me "This is how Christ heals". From that moment, that family actually came to church on Sunday. We all walked together. It was that moment of love that impacted them. I realized how much more powerful our example is sometimes than our words. I was impacted by the small act, the small and simple things, that bring about great things.

(Book of Mormon) Alma 37:6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

Another powerful moment from this week was that we went to go and see a baptism in Prishtina. I got to participate in the musical number for this girl on the piano while an Elder played the violin. She is incredible. Her family is definitely not in support of her decision so she decided that if she were to get locked up in her room, she'd rather do it baptized than not. I admire the faith of these people so much. And why? It's all because of Christ. He truly is our Savior and our Brother. I am SO EXCITED to be a missionary this Easter season and to remember He who has done EVERYTHING for us. Sunday morning for us was really stormy but when we were in church, the storm ceased and it was just sunny. I thought of the 3 days of storm after Christ's death and then the LIGHT after His resurrection. He TRULY lives! He is RISEN! He is the reason for light and joy in our lives! I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

President Oaks Talk: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2018/04/media/session_4_talk_10/5761873160001?lang=eng

Check out the European Easter Initiative as well that we are sharing with everyone here. When have you found Christ there for you?

My trio girls!!

The BEST Sister Training Leaders in the mission! ;) haha From MLC! Notice my favorite person (Motra Mcguire) is an STL with me!

Our matching bracelets :)

Prishtina!



Most incredible girl! 

Super cool mosque here in Gjakova!

Me and Motra Ahlstrom! She is awesome!



​Catholic church here as well :)



-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)





No comments:

Post a Comment