3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Jam Kaq Ftohtë!

C'kemi! 
Jam kaq ftohtë!! (Can be translated either "I'm so cool" according to google translate, or the actual meaning which is "I'm really cold" haha) This past week was freezing with a TON of snow, all of the roads are frozen over, and it's freezing. Did I already mention that? ;)

Quick funny story: We were going tracting and we were at this lady's door. After we introduced ourselves, I started explaining our message with her and she just turns to Motra Cajupi and asks, "Are you going to translate for her?" then Motra Cajupi said, "Oh, she's speaking Shqip".

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. Even in the freezing weather, everybody still goes on a xhiro, or a stroll through the city with their friends. It's so cute, there are always people out on the streets whether it be with purpose or not.
2. The bread here=heaven. For real. And an entire loaf of homemade bread is like 70 cents. Also, I tried an Albanian "burger" this week. Let's just say I won't be eating a burger until I get back to America. :)
3. When the Shqiptar shake their heads, it means yes and when they nod their head it means no. Yes. It's REVERSED!

This week has been a week of MIRACLES! I wanted to start off sharing a story that happened while I was traveling to Elbason for a mission conference. Due to the icy roads, the roads were slick. We were traveling (no worries I was not driving) and we were turning a corner along a mountain. Our car started spinning out of control and headed toward the lake. I just remembering feeling calm with a thought in my head telling me "You're going to be okay". We ended up falling down this ledge and landing right into the snow without continuing into the water. Not a single one of us was injured except one of us who scratched their thumb. This was no coincidence. This was a miracle: a blessing from our Father in Heaven. I know that we can find these miracles throughout our lives and even every day! These daily miracles, or tender mercies, are a witness and a reminder that our Heavenly Father is always there for us. His hand is in our lives and we need not to fear as we rely in our Savior. It is Him who tells us, "You're going to be okay". 

There have been so many other miracles this week. I've really learned about turning to the Lord. Whenever my companion Motra Cajupi and I didn't know what to do or where to go, we prayed. EVERY TIME we either had someone come in mind for us to visit or we were led right to someone's door that we were able to share our message with. I know that as we look first to the Lord, we will be guided throughout our lives and will be led as to what to do.

Alma 37:37 (Book of Mormon)
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Hopefully it's warmer than mine :)



​Baklava in a jar. People keep giving us baklava!!​


​Where our car ended up in the accident. It's a miracle!​


​Jemi kaq ftohtë!​

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment