3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Unexpected Transfers and Cabbage Juice

Pershëndetje! 
So, I'M GETTING A NEW COMPANION! It was so unexpected! This has never happened before: having transfers during the 12 weeks of training. We were coming out of a lesson and we noticed we had missed calls from our Mission President. Seeing that, and having it be the 6 week mark, we were shocked! On Tuesday, Motra Cajupi is leaving to a new area and I'm receiving another trainer, Motra Willey. It's going to be a huge change and I'm going to miss Motra Cajupi a lot, but I know that it is the will of the Lord. Everything happens for a reason, and I am just so blessed to have Motra Cajupi as my companion these last 6 weeks! Now I really have to know my way around Korcë haha

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. Cabbage Juice: It's a thing. As I was in a lesson this past week, this lady brought out a large thing of cabbage. She then pours out the juice from the cabbage into two cups for my companion and I with some salt. Then to top it off, she says, "The next time you come, I can make you some Dhallë!" (the watered down salty yogurt drink)
2. One of my favorite things is when I am just driving side by side with a horse drawn carriage or a man that looks like he's serving on the back of his horse.
3. Knitting is very popular here so Motra Cajupi and I have been blessed to have multiple lessons!

This last week we had a mission conference in Elbason where we meet up with all of the missionaries in the mission. We currently have 80 missionaries and we gathered to learn about what we can do to improve and help the people in the areas we are serving. Two days before the conference, I get a call informing me that I will be singing at the conference with one of the sisters. We sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". Apparently it was a little too good, that she ended up fainting during the performance so I quickly finished with a solo. Everything's good and we ended up singing it again later in the conference.

(Book of Mormon) Mormon 9:19
And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
I wanted to bear my testimony of miracles. I know that miracles are real, and through Christ miracles can happen. We see that with Christ feeding the 5 thousand, healing the blind and the sick, and calming the storm. Miracles have not ceased. We can find these miracles throughout our day, every day. Sometimes, we do know realize that He is there or look for His hand in our lives. The people here are shocked at how fast I have been learning the language after only 3 months. I'm even shocked at the things that are brought to my remembrance. I've become comfortable with speaking the language and it's been 3 MONTHS. This is not me. I testify of miracles and what we can do through the Lord. I was sharing in a recent lesson that I rely a lot on Christ in learning the language. I put in my part through studying and speaking the language, but it is truly through my prayers and turning to Him that He has strenghtened me and brought things to my remembrance. This is just another testimony of how important this message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is! How could I be able to learn a language so quickly in just a short time if it wasn't a powerful message that I need to share? I truly am called by a Prophet of the Lord and this is the work of Lord. I am here to help teach the people here about their Father in Heaven that loves them and that is He is there. Miracles are real and they are blessings from our Father in Heaven. He LOVES us so much and we need to turn to Him and search for those daily miracles in our lives because He truly is ALWAYS there. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all! Please write down the daily miracles you have from our Father in Heaven. You'd be surprised to see how many there really are once we actually search for them :)

These are Furgons. We travel in them all the time. Motra Cajupi is from Vlorë so we were joking with her to hop in the furgon and head home right from Korcë.


A school in one of the fshats here (fshat: small town)

I tried my first suflace here! It's bread, meat, fries, and other foods I don't really know haha

The view of the apartment in Elbason.

Our MTC group reuniting!

Motra Bland, Motra Suckow, and Motra Miles

Motra Nali! 

Erald got baptized this last week! (Yes this is a pool)


Erald and Artemis! Artemis is from Greece so I've been learning a little Greek from her haha Jassu!


​I love these people!

-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment