3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Jam Ngopur!

Pershëndetje! Jam Ngopur! (I am full) I'll explain why below....

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. The people here are the sweetest, most giving people. Also, when you are fed by an Albanian, it's almost as if you are given everything they own and more! One day this week, I'm surprised I didn't explode after 3 appointments where each of them fed us....all I can say is jam ngopur!
2. I got to try "lokume" this week! It's a traditional dessert they eat for special occasions. Traditionally, when an engagement is made, the families of the groom and the bride give it to the guests as a celebration. 
3. You pretty much know everyone in the streets. The city is a smaller city so we run into the same people in the streets all the time and stop and chat with them or have some of them act like we're not even there haha

I truly love Korcë: my new home. After some hard days, I always have my Korcë family and I am forever grateful! One funny story. My companion and I were walking in the street and we ran into one of our branch members, Kleanti, who was introducing us to his friend. He said to his friend, "These are my sisters. My spiritual sisters." We also have this one couple who loves to treat us like we are their kids. They told us, "We don't really want to hear your message. We can just feed you." 

It's so powerful seeing the faith of the people here. One of our recent converts was helping us with our lessons. After helping us, we got out of the lesson and she turned to us and asked, "When can I serve a mission?" WHAT?! I was filled with the greatest joy seeing her desire to serve and share the pure happiness that our message: the gospel of Jesus Christ, brings. I just wanted to share with something I've really learned this week. I've learned about the power of repentance. It is not this scary demand "You need to repent!" It's so much more than that! It is humbling ourselves unto our Father in Heaven in prayer, asking for forgiveness, strength, and power to change. It is then can we feel at peace. It is then that we are FILLED with His love! And it is then that we feel the most exceeding joy. It is forgiveness for the simple things, day by day, and then the desire and act to CHANGE. As we repent, meaning asking for strength to improve and for peace, we turn to our Father in Heaven just waiting for us to let Him in and allow Him to help us. I have felt the most joy as I pour out my heart in prayer each night asking then for strength and guidance to improve each day in my service, in my love for the people, and in everything I do.

Book of Mormon: 
Mosiah 4
19 For behold, are we not all beggarsDo we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

 20 And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for remission of your sins. And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain? Nay; he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joyand has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance,so exceedingly great was your joy.

I know that we, like the Nephites in the Book of Mormon, can pray to our Heavenly Father and be filled with His love. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all like, a lot! Have a great 

I ate at this really nice restaurant today to get some pizza :)


I love my Korcë home!

For an activity, we went ice skating on the Boulevard! 

This elevator is my favorite. We would press the button to take us to the 3rd floor...it took us to the 9th floor.

I've decided to start learning how to cook! Each week my companion is teaching my traditional Albanian dishes! This is "Speca të Mbusher" or stuffed peppers Albanian style :)



-- 
Mirupafshim! 
​Ju​
 dua
!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment