3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Wild Peacocks?

Alo! Si jeni?
So a lot has happened this past week! I got to go to Macedonia for a day and got a new companion! Her name is Motra Willey! She is from Utah and she SINGS! We actually have sang to the people in multiple lessons and afterwards they say, "Të lumtë goja" (Bless your mouth). I am so thankful to be able to bring the spirit into the lessons as we sing such beautiful hymns to the people! It is powerful!

Culture Shocks of the Week:
1. Wild peacocks are a thing. On a P-Day trip, my District and I went to Macedonia to see these beautiful churches. First off, I felt like I was in the Shire or in some storybook. I then turn the corner to find a flock of wild peacocks....it was awesome!
2. Typically when you go into people's homes, they are so sweet to give you something to drink like juice or coca-cola. Afterwards, everyone clinks glasses saying, "Gëzuar" multiple times. Eshtë qef :) (It's fun)

I truly cannot express the love I feel for these people in words. The people here are some of the friendliest, open people. Just the fact that we can go up to a lady and ask, "Do you know where a Bukuri is" (bread shop) and then she says, "Yes I'll take you right to there". She then grabbed Motra Willey's and my arms and walked all the way to the Bukuria. I love these people and I feel it more and more everyday as I serve them! 

I was reading in 1 John 4 in the Bible and it says,
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
God is love. As we serve others, we can feel a little more and understand more of the love that God has for us. I am so thankful to get a little glimpse of that love as I serve His children here in Albania. Truly, love is so powerful. Why? Because God is love! Think about the love that He has for us that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to the earth to suffer for us so that we don't have to! Think about the love that He has for us that at any moment in any place, we can drop to our knees and TALK to Him pleading for comfort or for peace. Think about how much love that He has for us that He has given us the path to eternal happiness in the Book of Mormon and the scriptures that we can hold in our hands and follow it. His love is ALWAYS there! The love you feel from those around you whether it be through a smile, a compliment, or an act of service, that is love from God. The love of God is real! Pray for it, search it, and you will find it. I love you all so much and I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

This week, pray for the love of God and go out and do a small act of service for someone. Do you know why you feel good when you serve? That's because you feel the love of God that He has for you. I know that to be true! Love you and have a wonderful week!

Motra Wiley (the blond)
Church in Pogradec.

Motra Cajupi and I with our matching sweaters!



We went on a trip to a beautiful fshat near Pogradec!

Motra Cajupi and I just chilling with this famous actress at the location of a famous Albanian film.

Trip to Macedonia:




This gorgeous church in the woods!




The closest I could get to water ;)


 YEAH WILD PEACOCKS


White peacocks are a thing.




Our district!




Our Korcë "branch" at Family Home Evening before Motra Cajupi left!




We went to Tiranë for a day this week for transfers!





A statue of the famous Skëndër Beu. And KEVIN!




We made some banana bread and this was the only pan we had....we made it work.




This is my favorite picture. Which one? You can decide ;)

KORCA!


​Probably my favorite place to eat.


-- 
Mirupafshim! Të dua!
Motra Olsen

Letters:
Adriatic South Mission
Sister Natalie Olsen
POB 2984
Bulevardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas", Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana
Albania

(If you can't send it with the POB box number, you can just send it without it. I'll still get it)

No comments:

Post a Comment